I recently got a notification on my blog from the wonderful EATLIVETRAVELDRINK. I always enjoy getting comments on my blog posts, but this comment was unexpected and quite special! EATLIVETRAVELDRINK nominated me for the Liebster Award! This award is given from bloggers to bloggers, allowing all of us to get to know one another better AND encouraging one another’s blogs. Don’t cha just love the blogging community?
Without further adieu, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Nominate 10 new bloggers.
- Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you.
- Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog.
My questions from EATLIVETRAVELDRINK:
- What is the number 1 thing on your bucket list? The number 1 thing on my bucket list would definitely be to travel to Norway. Since stumbling across amazing images on Instagram over a year ago, I’m obsessed. I literally wrote a blog post about my obsession here. Seriously, obsessed.
- What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is failure. Failure to succeed, failure to make my loved ones happy, failure to do enough good with my life, failure to let my students down…just failure. Loath it. Try to avoid it.
- What is your favorite city in the world? I’ve only done a bit of traveling in my life, but I love Chicago. However, I’m biased, as I was born and raised just north of downtown (go visit in the summer months, you won’t regret it).
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A teacher (glad I found my calling already)…of whatever. I enjoy watching knowledge grow and being part of the growth. Love it.
- Favorite social media channel? Instagram. Hands down. Love the layout, love the community, love looking at pictures. You can follow me on Instagram here. Let me know you came from the blog so I can follow you back!
- What do you do professionally? High school teacher.
- What made you decide to start a blog? I started the blog as a way to keep in touch with family that was living all over the globe. It eventually became a place for me to write and share my thoughts on education, food, places, and everything in between!
- How do you find time to manage your blog and day to day life? I call myself a “weekend blogger”. As a full time high school teacher, wife, and dog mama, my weekends are MY TIME. I relax, spend time with my husband, walk my dogs, go to church, enjoy lazy mornings, cook/bake, and plan blog posts. Maybe one day I’ll find the time to write several times of week…I’d LOVE THAT! But, for now, I’ve got weekends and summer breaks.
- If you could teleport to any place in the world, where would it be? Norway!!!!!!!
- Who inspires you? My grandma. Every day, all day. She is wise, kind-hearted, welcoming, warm, and as fiesty as can get at 85 years young. She has ALWAYS been in my life, encouraging and supporting. Just love her with all I’ve got.
- That Weird Girl Official
- 2 Classy Sisters
- Being Mrs. Fowler
- Corporate to Country
- Monograms & Moscato
- Fields of Poppies
- The Helm Household
My questions for you:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What are your hobbies (other than your career and blogging)?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world that you’ve never been, where would it be?
- What has been your favorite travel destination and why?
- If you could do one thing for all of mankind, what would it be?
- If you could do anything for a day, what would that be?
- What is your fondest childhood memory?
- What motivates you?
- If you could have 1 superpower, what would that be?
- What advice would you give other bloggers about blogging?